Pages

The big picture...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

NSV and therapy in one

One of the reasons I started this weight loss journey was that I wanted to be able to buy clothes in a ‘normal’ store. I was sick of having to head to the fat section and have only shapeless, poncho-like items to choose from. (New Zealand has a pretty tiny selection of plus size clothing in the affordable price range).

It was so hot here in January that I started looking at second hand skirts online. I rarely wear skirts (have always been self conscious of my thick stumpy legs) so this in itself was a reflection of increased self esteem compared to a year ago. And then I actually bought one. And another. And another. Talk about retail therapy! They were all around $10 and labels from ‘normal’ stores.  I of course downplayed the chances of me either fitting them right away or them looking any good but you know what? They all look great. I have even been described as ‘sexy’ by a female co-worker while wearing one of them. Strike me down with a feather, that’s something worth posting about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...