Pages

The big picture...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Move your mirror

How often do you look at yourself in the nudie nude?

We're doing some sprucing up around the house (aka painting) so we've taken down all our photos and posters that were on the walls. There was a large mirror in the hall that was taken down a couple of months back sitting in the corner of the spare room until last week. We don't have a mirror in our bedroom so I propped it up on the side table on my side of the bed to use when I blow dry hair in the morning.

Sweet Jesus, I realised how little I see myself naked - full length. I know other bloggers have touched on the subject but I guess I never really thought about it in relation to myself. Our bathroom mirror shows me from the chest up and that bit looks alright and since the hallway mirror had been taken down I hadn't even seen myself head to toe fully clothed apart from reflections in doors at work etc.

So did I like what I saw? Hmmm. I didn't hate it. I could definitely see an improvement on 5 years ago but still notice the bits that have popped out again over the last couple of months (have put on nearly 10 pounds I guess). The good news is that it didn't send me into the depths of dispair. And it has motivated me every morning ever since it went up to eat mindfully, suck my tummy in, thrust my shoulders back and get the hell back on track.

How often do you guys look at yourselves naked? Do you need to move your mirror?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...