Pages

The big picture...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Choosing my weight loss journey

I came across a blog today that made me really sad and also super determined at the same time. It’s not one I follow, and I won’t name it here but it was about a wonderful woman and her weight loss journey over the past 10 years. There were methodically captioned photos for this entire journey which detailed her weight going from 285 pounds to 165 pounds to 235, to 156, to 250 and so on. She was smiling in every photo and I can only commend her determination to lose that weight again and again and again without giving up (she’s currently in what she calls a ‘skinny’ phase). Wow.  I so don’t want to be that person.

It made me realise that I am not losing weight this time for a particular event and then letting go again. I’m doing this to be the healthiest I can be. Full stop. Yes, I’ll have small targets to get me motivated but like so many of you out there I’m not restricting the types of foods I eat – just the amount of calories. I need to be able to live this life for a long time yet. There will still be many chocolate covered pretzels in my future – I just won’t use them as an excuse to stop caring about myself next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...