Pages

The big picture...

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Avoiding fake conversation with skinny friends

So far I've only told one person aside from my partner that I'm counting calories. Not because I'm afraid that I'll fail and look stupid - I will not fail.  No, I think it's because I don't have the energy to engage in fake conversations with skinny friends about what I should and shouldn't eat. 

My approach this time is simply about eating a sensible amount of fuel as opposed to limiting fat grams or points. I have friends following Weight Watchers that are restricted to the equivalent of about 600 calories less than myself each day. Sure, they may lose more than me to start with but I bet they're hungry more than I am. I am a foodie. I can't and don't want to change that. I just need to focus my obsession on better foods and stop being a lazy eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...