Pages

The big picture...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's with the pretzels?

Why am I doing this? It's those damn chocolate covered pretzels.  Specifically FLIPZ which (thank god) we can't get here in New Zealand. 

But I could get them when living in London 10 years ago.  From a beautiful vending machine on level 8 of the concrete tower I worked in for 14 hours a day.  Of course, back then I was a highly paid contractor with a 20-something's metabolism.  

The affair didn't last long but the memory remained. Subsequent trips back to the UK and then to the US have enabled the flirtation to continue.  Our last trip saw me eating FLIPZ for breakfast on multiple days. And the huge tub I brought home taunts me from the top of the pantry on a daily basis. So hard to say no. But I don't want the affair to end this time. And I certainly don't need the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...