Pages

The big picture...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Epiphany while rolling rubbish bins

We have a lovely Pacific Island family living in front of us and tonight as I rolled the rubbish bins to the road I noticed they were having a bit of a 'par-tay' out the back. All I could focus on was the huge bottles of coke and fanta on the table and packets of potato chips spread from one end of their deck to the other. And an amazing thing happened...I didn't think "invite me over, invite me over, invite me over" - my first thought was "oh my gawd - you (as in my neighbours) are a prime target for diabetes and this isn't helping".

This thought (while judgemental) is a significant step forward for me. To not view junk food and immediately want it is one of those NSV things! I'll take it :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds sooo liberating, to not want junk food when you see it! Good going!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you crack me up, but I hear ya.... I'm starting to do the same thing. Like looking at what people are eating and think, now thats a heart attack waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...