Pages

The big picture...

Monday, September 13, 2010

Saying goodbye to a best friend

I just tweeted that I wasn’t going to blog until I had something nice to say. Liar liar pants on fire.

I am pissed off.  Over the past week I have measured and tracked every single thing that’s gone in my mouth, ridden my new bike like a demon twice and walked for at least 30 minutes each day (an hour on Sunday). And I’m doing this all at pace. It’s not a half arsed dawdle around the carpark. This is leg stretching, arm waving lunacy. All I’m missing is the head band.  Thursday’s ‘unofficial’ mid week weigh in showed at least a kilo loss. And yet when it comes to Monday, it turns out I’ve managed to gain back the 200 grams I lost last week. What am I doing over the weekend that makes everything turn to custard? The only thing I can think of is that I’m not drinking as much water on the weekend. Some serious soul searching required.

Lucy on dribble duty
Aside from that, I joined my ex husband at the vets on Saturday to put our 18 year old furbaby to sleep. She had recently been diagnosed with a cancerous tongue lesion and had started having seizures so it was time to say goodbye. Bloody sad time but she had a great life. D and I still share our house with her brother Chester and needless to say he’s been smothered with cuddles over the past couple of days. See you in the next life Muffin.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your cat, but as you said, she had a good life for 18 years. Ours is about that age and we know it's a matter of a short time for him.

    I would say your weekend problem is the water intake, as you suggested. It's easy to get off track when we're on "weekend time." You're doing great, though, so just keep on doing what you're doing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your are having such a crappy week! It really sucks about your kitty.

    Just stick with what your doing, sometimes I find that I'm a week or two behind on seeing results.

    I had a similar problem with drinking enough water on the weekend, so I started keeping a mug in the freezer (that way I always have a cold glass to pour it in), I also for the weekend fill up a pitcher of water and add lemon, lime, oranges and keep a glass on the counter.... that way when I walk in I'm reminded to drink a glass. It really has helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Great tip re the water pitcher, Mum is bringing lemons over from her tree tonight so will start that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...