Pages

The big picture...

Friday, October 2, 2009

Accidents can happen

I had my first food fumble today. A colleague and I went to the pub for a celebratory lunch and while I managed to request no cheese on my burger I then proceeded to eat every last crispy fried chunky chip off my plate. So much for stopping at half. A quick calorie tally back at my desk showed the true horror of what I had done. Gulp.

I confessed to D via text and got the most awesome reply “...honey remember the Sixx AM song it’s not your whole life it’s just 1 day”. He’s referencing the Sixx:A.M. song Accidents Can Happen and if you don’t know it – have a listen below. It is of course about drug and alcohol addiction but applies equally to those of us fighting an obsession with food. Thanks D, that’s just what I needed to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You also might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...